Welcome to The Brown County Municipal Court Web Site. Here you'll find information regarding the workings of the court,
as well as public documents, information on the presiding Judge and Magistrate, and access to all court maintained cases.
News regarding the current jury trial and recent events with the court can be found below.
TO ALL BROWN COUNTY MUNICIPAL COURT JURORS:
We have modified court processes in an effort to provide a safe environment for all participants. A few of these modifications include:
• The entrance into the building will be organized with social distancing and other best practices. Temperatures will be taken with a non-touch thermometer. Masks and/or face shields are required and will be provided if needed.
• Trial proceedings will occur with adequate spacing for social distancing of jurors.
• Precautions will be followed to sanitize all surfaces and touch points before your appearance and throughout the trial.
• Sanitizing wipes and/or hand sanitizer will be available.
• Social distancing will be strictly enforced among all jurors, witnesses, prosecutor, the judge, and administrative staff.
On days in which you are scheduled to attend court proceedings, please be mindful to abide by best practices, including:
• Check your temperature before coming. If you have a fever of 99°F or higher or if you have symptoms of acute respiratory illness, please contact the Court immediately.
• Follow best practices by keeping a distance of at least 6 feet between yourself and all others, washing your hands with soap and water for 20 seconds frequently throughout the day, use hand sanitizer, cough or sneeze into your arm, and avoid touching your mouth, nose, and eyes.
• Be mindful of surfaces and objects that may have been touched by others such as door handles, faucet handles, countertops, etc.
One of the hard-won rights of individuals in a democracy is the entitlement of being tried by a jury of your peers. Your participation as a prospective juror is critical to the right of the jury, as well as the administration of justice as a whole. While your services are required under the law, we shall exert every possible effort to minimize any inconvenience to you. The Court greatly appreciates your service during these challenging and unprecedented times.
Should you have any questions, please contact the Court at 937-378-6358.